>One of the most vital things we can do for our bodies, our health, and well-being is to drink water. Think about it: our bodies are composed of 60 to 70 percent of water. And if you are active, sweat a lot, drink alcohol, or drink lots of caffeine then you should drink more water than you think you should.
- If you’re trying to lose weight, not only will water help you feel fuller, but it also flushes out toxins and fat. Plus, water is calorie free!
- Adequate liquid intake is vital for staying healthy or for fighting off sickness.
- Water helps with digestion.
- You’ll be more alert! Did you know that your brain is 90% water?
- Water is great for your skin, and can help your skin stay clear and glowing.
Many times when we feel that we are hungry, we may actually be thirsty! So before you binge on a high-calorie snack, drink a glass of water first. If you’re not a big water-drinker, try for just one day to double or triple the amount of water you drink in a given day. Odds are you’ll notice a difference immediately!