I realize that no one on this planet is perfect. We all have vices, bad habits, things about ourselves we aren’t too proud of. Lately I’ve been trying to focus on loving myself more, and just not sweeping shit under the rug like I always have. I’ve found that the more I open up to the people closest to me, the more I can connect with them and feel like I’m not the only person in the world who has experienced the things I’ve experienced. Seems so simple to understand, right….?
I mean, I love blogging and all, but there are just things I don’t want to put out there. No offense….you may catch my drift sometimes, but some things are just better left unsaid….especially on the internet, where no history is truly erased.
In lieu of pouring out my deepest feelings to you, I thought I’d share just a few things that I’ve been indulging in over the last month that are probably not so great for me to continue long term. Things I know don’t fit into my personality…that I will not continue to indulge in. But for now, I’m letting myself heal a little and do things that just make me feel good. Isn’t that what life is supposed to be about ultimately? Feeling good? Maybe you can relate to a few of these things, and not feel so bad when you indulge a little, too.
- Listening to music so loud that I sometimes wonder if either my eardrums or speakers will be the first to go.
- Late nights, early mornings
- An unhealthy amount of mascara on my lashes
- Binge watching TV series until my contacts are dry (though this hasn’t really been happening in the last few weeks)
- Sugar free Red Bull
- Hush puppies (Oh, beach hushpuppies….I love you.)
- Dry shampoo
- An inch think layer of Nivea cream for extra glowing skin (can it breathe?)
- So much cheese.
- Lena Dunham. I own it. I love her. She is so real and couldn’t give less of a f*** what people think. It’s refreshing and wonderful.
- Did I mention cheese?
- Dirty martinis
- A little too much sunshine on my face
- Really really high heels
- Unsweetened tea
- “Just one more drink.”
- Too much sitting on the sweet spot on the couch
- Pushing though a running plateau, when I feel like an injury is presenting itself
- Facebook, Buzzfeed, The Berry. As much as I have used these sites over the years….my god they are time wasters. I mean, i’m totally addicted to them, but I also realize how much time I waste checking in to these sights.
- Texting anytime I have had a cocktail
- Making my daily phone calls in the car, despite the new hands free law in Greenville. (Does this mean it’s illegal to eat a sandwich and drive with one hand on the wheel, or 1,000 other reasons this law is insane?)
- Carbohydrates…….in general
Everything in moderation….right? I’m definitely feeling more in tune with myself, and need to get rid of pretty much all of these bad habits, but April was a fun ride.
Cheers to the start of a new week. Hey guess what?! You can create whatever kind of week you want to. Isn’t that exciting?! To be able to do whatever you want to do? Shape your life into whatever you want it to look like?! Don’t forget that. It really is that easy.